Sunday, July 12, 2009

Last Day in Calgary

Milestones, Stephens Avenue Mall, Downtown Calgary

Jo Anne and I had lunch downtown with Ardis. We shared a salad and pasta. It was a fine day in Stephens Avenue Mall, a walking street in downtown Calgary.

Calgary Tower

Calgary's iconic downtown landmark is 191 meters or 627 feet tall, according to Wikipedia. It was opened to the public in 1968. It is located at Ninth Avenue South and Centre Street.

Priority Pass Airport Lounge, Vancouver, Canada

Congee in the lounge is a harbinger of familiar foods to come. The very next day, Jo Anne, Andy and I were on our way home. First stop: Vancouver, then Narita, and finally, Bangkok.

YVR

Jets on the tarmac in the background

In the picture, Andy and I are checking e-mail using free Wi-Fi at the airport. It was the last time we could stretch our legs and enjoy freedom of movement. For the next 15 hours I was crammed into Jo Anne's carry on. I spent the entire trip with my knees in my face! That's economy for you.

Home at last. It feels good to stretch out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment