Monday, August 16, 2010

New York City, Redux

New York assaults the senses. It's hectic, noisy, crowded, and anonymous. AJ and I are trying to remember our way around but I confess I often get turned around and go north when I want south and go west when I want east! Despite these mishaps, we've been as far downtown at St. Paul's Chapel near Ground Zero, and as far uptown as Columbia University. In between we've been to the American Museum of Natural History and Chinatown, Grand Central Terminal, the New York City Public Library, and we're exploring the Murray Hill neighborhood where we're currently staying. We walked to the end of 42nd Street where it ends in FDR Drive and saw the UN Plaza. We can just see the Empire State building from Susan's kitchen window, too. What I like most is how the city offers spaces, like the Grand Central Library, where you can nurture the spirit--or the mind.


@Grand Central Library, 46th Street between Lexington and Third

No comments:

Post a Comment