Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tah-get!

You can take this girl out of Milwaukee but you can't get her out of Target... Yes, indeed, Target has come to Manhattan. In Spanish Harlem to be exact. Located at the bottom of E. 117th Street and overlooking the East River, Target is between First Avenue and FDR Drive. It is actually inside this huge structure with parking on the left and the stores on the right. Target shares the building with other stores like Old Navy. To get up there we took the C train to 116 and then took the crosstown bus going towards the East River.
There were good bargains to be had on household items. Though I hated to buy another iron (I left mine in Bangkok--no room for it in the luggage) I bought a Black and Decker iron for $16.00. It goes with my hand-held B&D mixer that I got in Canada for CDN$16.00. I love B&D! I also found a cake keeper for less than $6.00, 2 glass pie plates for $5.00, and a pastry blender for $1.00. And the silicone mat for $9.00 that I used to make a galette yesterday afternoon. Good deals! Strawberries and blueberries were cheaper than at Whole Foods so I got some.  Women's clothes aren't a bargain, nor are they well made.  The men's clothes were a good deal. AJ got a pair of Levis for $20.00 and a pair of chinos for $18.00. After I took them in for alterations at the cleaners, I sure wished I had my sewing machine. But it's in Bangkok at the back of the crawlspace. 
After shopping we took the #2 up to 125th Street and right there, at the corner of Malcolm X Blvd. is the Golden Krust, a Caribbean bakery and fast food outlet. AJ had the curry goat lunch with Kola Champagne. I had a chicken patty. Not bad. But the food at Edgevalley Way still can't be beat.
Nyam it up

No comments:

Post a Comment