Friday, November 26, 2010

A New Jersey Thanksgiving

We went down to New Jersey on Wednesday morning to spend the holiday in the suburbs--where the grass was still green and the air chill and clear. We left New York on the Boltbus for the Cherry Hill Mall. We were duly picked up by Mike and offered Philly Cheese steaks for lunch. There are no pictures because they did not last long enough for pictures. We actually had snow flurries on Thanksgiving Day. But that was the day Cousin Marcy orchestrated a delectable storm--with seven courses! I didn't show you dessert: strawberry shortcake.

The backyard with the angel on the windowpane

It's cold outside.

Jon playing Scrabble

Jess: It's a word! I know it...

I need a dictionary...

Hey, man, can I help?


Do you think there's enough food for all of us?

Top to bottom: turkey with giblet gravy, sweet potato, twice baked potato, ham, cole slaw, asparagus with bacon and tomatoes, AND cranberry sauce

I think I'm good.

It's great to see you too!

Let's eat!

Thanks, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment